Black Bean Salsa
This is a Vegan recipe because of the Black Beans – but still has fresh yummy veggies. The best part is you can make it as hot as you like it!! It’s a basic recipe – but just to show you you can still get in fresh veggies easily – you can always sprinkle on some superfoods too if you choose like hemp or spirulina for instance.
This time of the year especially when it gets quite chilly outside which it is now – I like to add in a few things to help keep me warmer – lentils, quinoa spices etc
This is a great recipe to make a little extra so you can use it as a dip for raw crackers, natcho chips (yes they even have non-gmo ones and ones made without corn which are tasty!) side dish or even as a light salad for lunch!! I use Organic whenever possible – if that is not an option – always soak your veggies in the sink with water and some white vinegar for at least 15 mins – apparently it helps to remove some of the outside crap.
– 6 smaller sized Red / Yellow / Orange Peppers chopped
– 2 Green Onions cut in half and thinly sliced
– 1/2 cup finely chopped Cilantro (if you are not a Cilantro lover use Parsley instead)
– 1 clove Garlic minced
– 1 juice of Lime (or Lemon)
– 1 hot Pepper or your choice finely chopped – optional (make sure to wash your hands well after chopping the pepper)
– 1 can Black Beans well drained and rinsed
Stir together all ingredients. You can eat it right away, I find if I let it sit for a little bit or over night the flavors get greatly enhanced.
Enjoy and please feel free to share!!