Quinoa & Collard Greens
Quinoa is an ancient grain from South America used for many years by the Incas. It is high in protein, a complete protein, which is great for vegetarians or vegans and a very good source of iron. 🙂 This is a Quinoa salad that can be eaten on it’s own, as a side dish or wrapped with greens like Collard greens which are full of many nutrients and health benefits.
– 1 cup Quinoa (1 cup that has been cooked in 2 cups of water so the end result will be more than 1 cup of cooked Quinoa)
– 3 oz cold pressed Olive Oil
– 1 – 2 oz Bragg’s, Tamari or Nama Shoyu
– juice of 1/2 Lemon
– 2 Garlic cloves minced
– pinch Sea Salt
– 1 cup Spinach chopped up
– handful of Parsley finely chopped
– 1 grated Carrot
– 1 grated Beet
– 1 Green Onion finely chopped
– 4-6 Black Olives chopped
Mix all ingredients together well.
Collard Greens are usually a fairly good size so they work very well as a wrap. The stem though is quite big and course so I recommend cutting it off up into the green somewhat. When you wrap it around the salad to make it hold better you will probably have to fold one side of it, as you will see in the next photo and the thicker part of the stem will break.