Raw Chocolate Clusters
My mom used to make this Chocolate treat at Christmas time that I and almost everyone who tries them, loved them. I couldn’t find a replacement for all the ingredients as they weren’t the healthiest treat 🙂 but came close to it with this recipe for raw Chocolate Clusters allowing to have a sweet treat yet still healthy eating. Another treat that you can’t tell is raw and still healthy – as it’s yummy!!
– 1 cup Raw Cacao Paste – melted in a double boiler over low heat
– 1 tbsp Coconut oil
– 3 tbsp raw Honey or Agave
Mix together until melted – not too high temp – very low. Once melted (stirring occasionally) then stir in
– 1 cup chopped or slivered raw (or pieces) Almonds
– 1 cup raw Pumpkin seeds
– 3 tbsp Hemp Hearts
– 1 tbsp Maca (Superfood – optional)
– 1 tbsp Spirulina (optional – these Superfoods are optional but you can’t taste them and it just adds more nutritional value to a sweet treat – what better way to get more nutrient dense food into your body)
Stir until well coated. Then pour into a glass rectangle dish or drop by spoonful onto wax paper and let cool.
Best place to store is in fridge to keep solid and fresh (sometimes it may soften when kept out at room temp)
Eat and enjoy – and please feel free to share!!